apple tv error: iTunes is currently unavailable

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bobTX10, Nov 27, 2014.

1. bobTX10 macrumors member

I have an ATV that is a year old and just a week ago all my movies under my iTunes account do not want to play. If I choose any movie it will get all the way to loading... authorizing... and then it will give me the error screen: iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later.

But here's the kicker. 2 other family members also have accounts on my ATV, so we go back and forth, and their movies play fine! It is only my account that gives the error. I restarted the ATV numerous times. I also reset my password and logged out and in. I can purchase movies and music still so my account is working on my end. Should I reset the device completely? anybody run into this problem? Thanks!

2. 4wardMomentum macrumors newbie

I have two Apple tvs in two different household but both accounts and they haven't worked this whole week. I can still purchase and download movies on all my other devices but cannot stream on Apple tv. So frustrating.

3. bobTX10 thread starter macrumors member

That is exactly my situation. It's only my account that can't stream whereas my family's accounts can... On the same network and on the same ATV

4. kingben macrumors newbie

Itunes unavailable on Apple TV

I am having this exact same problem with one itunes account on the Apple TV. My other account works fine on the same Apple TV. Not the best week for this to happen :(

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Mine is working again.

6. jwc6160 macrumors member

This has been happening to me for a while and it is not even usable today. This is BS. I know I am just frustrated right now (mostly because my 2 year olds can't watch movies we purchased) but Apple is just getting worse and worse. I love apple and have every product they make almost, but I came to apple 7-8 years ago because someone told me " everything just works". This just isn't the case anymore. I am constantly having issues. Ok rant over. If anyone can figure this issue out so my kids can watch the movies we paid for that would be great.

7. jwc6160 macrumors member

I obviously don't own every product, I mean a version of most. Not that it matters. Still not working after several resets. Hey, my new Chromecast works fine, maybe ill just buy another one of those since they are fairly cheap.

8. bobTX10 thread starter macrumors member

Try entering 208.067.222.222 manually under your DNS. So go to settings>general>network and pick your wifi. Go to DNS. Enter in those numbers manually and it worked. This was through apple support.

9. 4wardMomentum macrumors newbie