Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple TV+ Espionage Thriller 'Tehran' Premiering on September 25

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Upcoming Apple TV+ show "Tehran," which is described as an espionage thriller, is set to premiere on Friday, September 25, Apple announced today.

There are eight episodes of the first season of "Tehran." The first three episodes of the series will be available on launch day, and after that, one episode will come out each Friday.

"Tehran" will tell the story of a Mossad agent who goes deep undercover on a dangerous mission in Tehran that places everyone around her in dire jeopardy.

The show stars Israeli actress Niv Sultan, along with Shaun Toub, Shervin Alenabi, Liraz Charhi, and Menashe Noy. Apple partnered with Cineflix Rights and Israeli network Kan 11 to co-produce the series.

Other Apple TV+ shows coming soon include "Ted Lasso" with Jason Sudeikis and "Long Way Up" with Ewan McGregor.

Apple TV+ is priced at $4.99 per month and provides access to Apple TV+ shows and movies for the whole family. Apple TV+ can be viewed on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and select Smart TVs from LG and Samsung.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Espionage Thriller 'Tehran' Premiering on September 25

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 601
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Nice to have new shows on the way, but where are the second seasons of my current shows?
Still waiting. With such long waits between seasons, I‘m starting to lose interest in watching new shows.

xDENTALPLANx

macrumors member
May 22, 2018
New Zealand
Nice to have new shows on the way, but where are the second seasons of my current shows?
Still waiting. With such long waits between seasons, I‘m starting to lose interest in watching new shows.

The first shows that were released on Apple TV+ aired their last episodes at the end of December, and I think there's been a pandemic or something for almost the entire time since then?

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Really looking forward to this one.

I’m a bit confused however, there are already reviews on IMDb. Apparently it’s already been shown on something called channel 11.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

M.A.G

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2020
Really looking forward to this one.

I’m a bit confused however, there are already reviews on IMDb. Apparently it’s already been shown on something called channel 11.
It’s an Israeli show produced by the Israeli public broadcaster “KAN 11” (”kan” means “here” in Hebrew). The show was aired in Israel last month.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Kickass. This is EXCITING news. Along with the kickass Martin Scorsese deal. Grab Spielberg next and my hype meter will be through the roof.

I am looking forward to Apple TV+ September! Tehran and Long Way Up!! Very nice lineup so far, and I expect an Apple TV+ movie for September as well.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Covid happened. The only series looking to launch second seasons within a reasonable time frame are For All Mankind (only two episodes left to film, per an insider on Reddit. I can link the post if you want) and Dickinson (finished filming pre-COVID).

Morning Show and Servant are filming in August (hopefully), but that leaves the launch date much further in the future - as post-production takes months and months.

Reactions: FightTheFuture

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
We need more content. The only show running right now is Little Voice and it's not good.
Ted Lasso is coming this weekend. It is getting rave reviews. Boys State is being hailed as a revolution in documentary filmmaking. The reviews for both shows are glowing.

Reactions: mnsportsgeek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.