apple tv for cube and touch?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iSaygoodbye, Apr 27, 2009.

1. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

So someone offered me a g4 cube and a 32 gb 2nd gen touch for my 160 gb Apple TV. I already have a 8 gig touch so i figure ill sell the 32 gig touch cause i dont need all that memory.The specs of the cube are 450 mhz processor,1gb of ram,leopard,and a 20 gb hard drive.Should i do this trade?thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The thing is going to be worthlessly slow. Leopard wasn't designed for 450 MHz, and a single gig isn't going to cut it.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Plus, when formatted that hard drive is only going to end up being around 17/18GB - after a typical Leopard install you'll have about 6 or 7GB left. Even if you only install the 'important' stuff (in other words, if you don't install extra languages and drivers), you'll still only be left with 11 or 12GB. Not really worth it, IMO.

4. iSaygoodbye thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

id probally upgrade the hard drive to a 120 gb.even then would it be a bad machine?

5. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Really depends on what you want to use it for. If you had a copy of Tiger it would certainly make it a good bit more usable. But your still really looking at something to just check your email and browse basic websites on.