Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Can an Apple TV that I buy in the US be used in Sweden? When it comes to regular TV the US have NTSC and Sweden PAL so you can't play DVD's from one country in the other (without modifying the player) but what is the deal with Apple TV? Can I get one in the US and use in Sweden? The reason is the price. More expencive to buy in Sweden.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Shouldn't be any difference from buying an iPad in US and use it here.
It doesn't connect to the TV-network so shouldn't be any problems there.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Sounds good but it's showing stuff on the TV screen (which isn't the case with an iPad) and ours are in PAL and the once in the US is in NTSC... Just want to make sure before I get the new Apple TV when I go to New York in October :)

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
I have to the 27th and they said late October so I guess we might have a chance.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Sounds good but it's showing stuff on the TV screen (which isn't the case with an iPad) and ours are in PAL and the once in the US is in NTSC... Just want to make sure before I get the new Apple TV when I go to New York in October :)

Does that matter? It still doesn't connect to your TV-network, only to your Wifi-network?

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Well that is what I'm trying to find out...if it matters.

Since it doesn't use your TV-network, it shouldn't matter at all. It only connects to Wifi so as long as what you want to watch is available via Internet, it will work wherever you are so long as you have a working Wifi connection :)

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Since it doesn't use your TV-network, it shouldn't matter at all. It only connects to Wifi so as long as what you want to watch is available via Internet, it will work wherever you are so long as you have a working Wifi connection :)

Sounds great. That means I can get one in the US instead of here in Sweden. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.