Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djnigelchung

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Silicon Valley
Hey guys,

I've been searching around and can't find a solution.
Recently got a computer with windows 10 on it and I've put all my movies/tv shows (which I encoded using handbrake/subler) and the goal is to watch them on my apple tv.

I reset home sharing on both, reset devices.
I'm convinced is has something to do with the Windows 10 firewall settings. I have to enable something to allow the apple TV to connect to it, but I have no idea how to do it?
Can anyone provide me with a link or step by step to be able to do this? I am so lost and it's frustrating not being able to watch my shows.

Thanks in advance.

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Home Sharing works with both my MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 2. I did find that after doing a clean-install of W10 on my SP2 that after installing iTunes, I forgot I had to turn Home Sharing on in iTunes. Initially I thought it just wouldn't work with W10, but after that it did. Maybe you just need to turn on Home Sharing...?

djnigelchung

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Silicon Valley
Home Sharing works with both my MacBook Pro and Surface Pro 2. I did find that after doing a clean-install of W10 on my SP2 that after installing iTunes, I forgot I had to turn Home Sharing on in iTunes. Initially I thought it just wouldn't work with W10, but after that it did. Maybe you just need to turn on Home Sharing...?

I've tried resetting homesharing on both the PC and the apple tv. :(
Any other ideas I can try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.