Home Apple TV HomeKit Never Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Fpb1980, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Fpb1980 macrumors member

Hello, I have an apple tv and had a question about the never sleep mode. When you set this option and you turn the apple tv off (hold down play button to turn off) does it negate the never sleep mode option or does it stay on even though the white light isn't on?

I am trying to figure out if i will get home kit notifications if the apple tv isn't active (menu on my tv) or do I have to literally leave it on all the time?

Thanks

2. 3587 macrumors 6502a

Did you ever find an answer to this? My AppleTV shuts off after a period of time, but HomeKit still works, well, mostly works :)

3. Fpb1980 thread starter macrumors member

My apple tv has been in sleep mode for a month and still receiving notifications with no issues.

Thanks.

4. chuyn macrumors 6502

Just tested mine too. Manually put it into sleep mode, then turned off wifi/Bluetooth on my phone.. I still have access to my HomeKit devices in the Home app. It also reported that the Apple TV was still connected in the app settings. Wonder if this is new.. I'm certain it wouldn't connect if the Apple TV was in sleep mode in the past