Apple TV In Brazil - why is it so finicky?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by KittyBitty, Dec 28, 2008.

1. KittyBitty macrumors newbie

I am currently living in Brazil and although I have high speed internet, my Apple TV (purchased 6 weeks ago in California) will not work properly. I have downloaded a few shows and the machine worked for a few episodes, but now the yellow light will not turn green and it will no longer work. It will not power up and the TV screen will not indicate that there is any connection ("signal not found" for that particular input). I have tried the usually recommended methods of turning it on and off, turning my internet on and off, unplugging the connections, pushing the one button about 100 times in a row and yelling at the unit.

Do you think that my Apple TV is defective or does it have something to do with me being outside the country with a foreign IP address? I have been downloading the shows through iTunes.

Is there any way to reset the unit? Right now the little light flashes amber color when it has power, but it will not do anything else.

2. dmm219 macrumors 6502

If your ATV won't even boot into the main menu, it is probably not something due to you being out of the US. My guess is you have a hardware problem. Can you call Apple care from outside the US? Getting it fixed may be pricey.

Than being said, many do not recommend the ATV for use in other countries do to the lackluster(well, terrible to be honest), itunes support outside of the US.

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005