Apple Tv in my country

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Serban, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Serban Suspended

Is there a way to find what channels i will get with my apple tv in my country?

2. JohnnyGo macrumors 6502a

Usually channels are the same as in the US version, but most of them won't work outside the US.

The basic iTunes channels (Movies, TV, Music) will work differently depending on your itunes account. Each country has its own itunes account and the corresponding movie/tv/music titles and pricing.

I have a US itunes account and my Apple TV works just fine outside the US (for general channels). My other channels work only if I am using a DNS or VPN.

Some channels, like Disney, ABC and others only work if you have US cable subscription. Skynews and ABC News work w/o subscriptions.

If you pay for Netflix (and netflix is available in your country), it should also work fine.

3. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I use unblockus and switch between netflix us and mexico, we like it a lot.

4. Serban thread starter Suspended

5. betman macrumors regular

I don't think you can as Netflix is only available in a handful of countries where it has the rights to operate.

But you can sign up to the US version by using Apple TV and a US iTunes account + a US IP which can be done via a VPN or DNS-based solution. I prefer the latter as it's cake-easy to setup and only requires you to type in some numbers in your Apple TV settings and that's it.