Apple TV - IP Address Update for Plex (Trailers App)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ZahidHafeez, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ZahidHafeez macrumors newbie

ZahidHafeez

Hello.

I need your help in finding out a solution to my problem. I configured my Apple TV to play Plex through Trailers by amending some certificates and amending some files which also required my adding my static ip in one of the file to be uploaded on Apple TV for the Plex Server.

The issue here is that I moved to a new location and I had to install new routers so opted to go for Apple Airport Extreme (older one were Linksys WRT320N). With the change of routers, all IP addresses are now starting with 10.X.X.X. whereas the older ones were starting with 192.X.X.X. My static IP Address for Plex Server was 192.1.1.5XX which was added to the file which then was uploaded on Apple TV. So in order to fix this issue I can only think of two options i.e.

Find the location of the file and update the current IP static address of the Plex Server in the apple file.
    Add the old IP static address 192.1.1.5XX in the Apple Airport Extreme.

First of all I would appreciate if you kindly advise on any other available option to fix this issue. Moreover, how should I do one of the following to resolve the issue in hand.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

2. smellalot macrumors 6502

Just go into settings on your Apple TV and under General -> Network -> DNS. Manually change the DNS to the new IP address of your server running PlexConnect. AFAIK you don't need the IP address to create the certificate.