Apple TV/iPad mini/BBC playback errors

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ormie, Dec 7, 2013.

1. ormie macrumors regular

ormie

Hello,
    Recently I've been having problems getting recorded content to play correctly. I have programmes saved the the BBC iPlayer app, and when playing this content on my TV via the Apple TV, the programme with start playing ok but after say, ten minutes, it will stop with an error message. Sometimes it's saying there's now wifi connection and other times is just a general error message. We had this before a year or more ago and it got fixed via an update but I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this and have they been able to rectify the problem? The Apple TV is up to date firmware wise and the iPad mini is also up to date (iPad mini retina).

2. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

I am atttempting to 'airplay' a bbc iplayer programme from my iphone this evening, 'an error occrred loading this content -I get a few secs video/audio at the most...not sure if its the VM 30meg broadband -not been the most stable this weekend, only got apple t.v. yesterday from Currys , rented a movie last night which was brill, thought i would try 'airplay' tonight...not much enjoyment watching a music progamme 'airplayed' from Iphone/iplayer:(

3. ormie thread starter macrumors regular

ormie

I actually got the video to play ok from my iPhone 5 better than from the iPad mini.