Apple TV iPhone tethering question

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Can you tether your iPad to your Apple TV and then use airplay all via the "router" iPad. Would that work? And if it did would it use any of my shared data?

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007

3rd time I've used this today. Congratulations.
Look no need to be condescending. And to then use it and not add anything constructive. Now I don't see how it wouldn't work I am just wondering as it would be internal wifi

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Sorry, didn't want to be mean, but cmon...

Tether AppleTV to your iPad? Maybe.

Would it count towards your data? Well, if you're using the cell service, it sure as heck would and it'd eat your data very fast. That's the face palm.

If that's not what you're asking I apologize.

surfer17

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
Canada
Sorry, didn't want to be mean, but cmon...

Tether AppleTV to your iPad? Maybe.

Would it count towards your data? Well, if you're using the cell service, it sure as heck would and it'd eat your data very fast. That's the face palm.

If that's not what you're asking I apologize.
Hey man, it might be obvious to you, but the OP might not have much knowledge about the product or services and hence the question asked by him. It can sound like a stupid question to you, but learn to respect other's questions.

To the OP, ideally, you should be able to. And yes it would eat your shared data. If you're going to try it once, let us know the result here. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.