Apple TV/iTunes - appears on MacBook, not on iMac

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Hello.there, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Afternoon all,

Having had no problems at all with my Apple TV when I bought it, it suddenly disappeared from iTunes on my iMac and nothing I did (resets, etc) would get it back.

I restored the ATV to factory settings last night and, finally, it showed up in iTunes on my MacBook and is working perfectly - but I still can't get it to show on iTunes on my iMac.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Many thanks.

2. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Hope it's okay to bumpety bump this sad, unanswered thread? :eek:

Anyone with any ideas on the above problem? I'm clueless about firewalls, etc - might that be the problem on my iMac? If it is why wasn't it a problem before when I haven't changed anything? And how do I fix it?! Thanks.

Wait....from the Apple site:

You can't stream and sync from different computers at the same time. If you have configured Apple TV to stream from another iTunes library, Apple TV won't be available in iTunes. Go to the Sources menu on Apple TV and select the computer you're trying to sync from.

Err...help....if I have my MacBook switched off should ATV show up in iTunes on my iMac?

IT'S FIXED!!!! I just wasn't setting up the second computer properly, ie through ATV's sources.