Apple TV - iTunes Dropped Connections

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by zedsdead, Sep 24, 2011.

1. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Is anyone else having major problems with the Apple TV 2 losing its connection to iTunes.

Basically, I open iTunes, and it shows up and everything works fine on the Apple TV. Then, after some time after turning the Apple TV off (and I leave iTunes open almost all the time), and turn the Apple TV back on later in the day, my iTunes is shown but when trying to access anything all I get is the white spinning wheel.

I have to close iTunes and reopen it to reset the connection. This has been happening for a while.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Nope. I've never experienced that. I bet you're using your ATV2 on WiFi right? If you can, try using an Ethernet connection to your ATV2 and Mac. Then you'll know if it's a WiFi issue or not.

That's how I have mine set up and it works flawlessly.

3. slothrob macrumors 6502

Are you using a network drive?

A number of people have had problems with the aTV2 having trouble reestablishing the connection after it, the computer or the aTV2 have gone to sleep.