Apple TV/itunes quits in the middle of a program

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by godette, Oct 29, 2013.

1. godette macrumors member

Hi everyone...I'm just wondering how to stop iTunes quitting while I'm in the middle of watching something. I've already set the preferences on my computer to never fall asleep, but iTunes still cuts out and when I come back to my home screen I see the sleep screensaver.
    I've gone into my itunes preferences but there's nothing there that allows me to suspend the sleep function. Is it something I need to do in my apple TV settings?
    Thanks very much for your help in advance

2. institute macrumors regular

If you haven't already, go into the Energy Saver preferences in System Preferences and make sure Wake for Network access is selected.

3. palmharbor macrumors 6502

cut off

I have Verizon Fios....I never had a movie or any other program just quit.
    I never had to register multiple times to watch services I had to pay for in order to watch movies.
    Sometimes what works is abandon for something more high tech. "Measure twice, cut once"

4. godette thread starter macrumors member

Hi, yes I checked and that is already selected. But it's still happening and seems to happen at random intervals as well. For instance sometimes it will stay open for an hour but sometimes it cuts out after half an hour. It's frustrating...:mad:

5. StevenB14 macrumors regular

StevenB14

I had a similar problem and I found setting up static ip addresses for every device in my network helped a lot.

Worth a try.