apple tv keyboard fixed?

Jal217

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
I'm not sure if my apple tv updated overnight, or if its a useful glitch but.... They keyboard went back to the old grid layout when i search in the app store... anyone else have this?

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm not sure if my apple tv updated overnight, or if its a useful glitch but.... They keyboard went back to the old grid layout when i search in the app store... anyone else have this?
It's happened to me twice, but it goes away again and for the life of me I've not been able to reproduce it deliberately.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
I still have the original and terrible linear keyboard.

Jal217

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Yea it didn't last long. Back to the linear. I have to imagine that they will fix this in the first update, its an OS x.1 fix I think

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I don't know which is better if we weren't used to the old one. A rectangular one to move around for a letter with a trackpad or more or less horizontal to swipe back and forth on.

Still need a way to paste in, of course.

Let me check the App Store and see if I can get anything to happen...

Jal217

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
I don't know which is better if we weren't used to the old one. A rectangular one to move around for a letter with a trackpad or more or less horizontal to swipe back and forth on.

Still need a way to paste in, of course.

Let me check the App Store and see if I can get anything to happen...
Have you or anyone else used the touchpad on a ps4 to use their keyboard? That is surprisingly easy and intuitive and would work great on this remote!