Apple TV keyboard notification randomly popping up

r21b73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2018
Like stated the Apple TV keyboard notification is randomly popping up on my new phone and iPad. This seems to be a issue since the last updates. Really not sure what to do. I like it popping up when I need it to and like it used to but the last few days it seems to just be doing it at random times. Any ideas?

scorpio333

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2008
I was having this issue with a ATV4 and a 4K on 12 and then on 12.0.1. I unpaired my phone with both of them and then re-paired my phone. So far after 24 hours, i've had no unwanted notifications. Time will tell, but worth a shot if you're having the random notifications.

Reactions: Mefisto

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
I was having this issue with a ATV4 and a 4K on 12 and then on 12.0.1. I unpaired my phone with both of them and then re-paired my phone. So far after 24 hours, i've had no unwanted notifications. Time will tell, but worth a shot if you're having the random notifications.
You magnificent person. This seems to have fixed the issue on my end as well. A thousand thanks, it was driving me positively bonkers, however mild an issue it was.

EDIT: Damn it, it started again. Here's hoping future updates address this.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.