Apple TV keyboard notification randomly popping up

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by r21b73, Sep 23, 2018.

1. r21b73 macrumors newbie

Like stated the Apple TV keyboard notification is randomly popping up on my new phone and iPad. This seems to be a issue since the last updates. Really not sure what to do. I like it popping up when I need it to and like it used to but the last few days it seems to just be doing it at random times. Any ideas?

2. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Mine was doing this too, but seems to have been corrected with the update to 12.0.1.

3. r21b73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. Haven’t updated yet but I was beginning to think it was just me. Thanks for the reply.

4. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

Still happening to me with the newest updates (tvOS and iOS). Woke me up last night!

5. scorpio333 macrumors member

I was having this issue with a ATV4 and a 4K on 12 and then on 12.0.1. I unpaired my phone with both of them and then re-paired my phone. So far after 24 hours, i've had no unwanted notifications. Time will tell, but worth a shot if you're having the random notifications.

6. Mefisto, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018

Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

You magnificent person. This seems to have fixed the issue on my end as well. A thousand thanks, it was driving me positively bonkers, however mild an issue it was.

EDIT: Damn it, it started again. Here's hoping future updates address this.