Apple TV LED

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by richardhunt, Mar 27, 2009.

1. richardhunt macrumors regular

I just got a used AppleTV, it works great, but I noticed the status LED in the front is faint compared to my other apple TV. Do these LED's loose their brightness over time, I didn't think LEDS did that. When the machine boots, the orange LED is as bright as my other apple tv though.

2. roidy macrumors 6502a

3. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Mine seems to have done that too. I've had mine since day one, and now the white LED is so dim that the 'flicker' you see when the :apple:TV detects commands from the remote is barely perceptible. Doesn't seem to make any difference otherwise, and doesn't bug me.

4. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

You're right. I actually almost forgot it had an LED.

I can't see mine unless the room is completely dark. It used to be quite bright. I wonder if this is a firmware thing. I don't think LED's lose their brightness over time. They either work or they don't.

5. Bruce0 macrumors newbie

AppleTV LED is Out

Mine just doesn't come on any more at all.

I got the Apple TV the first day the showed up. I got a second one when the upped the disk size. The older one just doesn't have an LED any more... I assume it has come loose inside (these thing run hot, maybe the glue melted) and fallen away from the hole. Does anybody know how it is attached inside?

bb