Apple TV login

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by baxlobs, Dec 30, 2013.

1. baxlobs macrumors regular

I have a newly acquired Apple TV. After some reading and trial and error I have got it to "see" my iMac and display Photos and play music. Which is what I wanted.

It just seems very long winded to have to enter my AppleID and password each time using the very slow "keyboard"

Should the Apple TV once logged in correctly not remember the connection? Is there something else I should be doing.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

You should login once in the Account Settings section and you should be fine unless when you buy or rent something like in any other apple device it will ask you for your password for security purposes.
    Just be sure that your payment information is up to date in the iTunes server (therefore it doesn't require you to constantly confirm or update it).
    In Safari in your Mac/PC iTunes needs the cookies enabled for the Account information and the store to properly work (unfortunately).

3. baxlobs thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks,

I will check through these and see if I can get it to behave. It is early days so I will be patient.:)