Apple TV messing up Home Theater

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Movahassan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Movahassan, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

Movahassan macrumors newbie

desperatley need help. I have a 2 year old Samsung LED smart Tv. I have the Bose Cinemate 120 as my sound system. There is 1 hdmi directly plugged from the tv to the Bose receiver. My cable box, Apple TV 3 and PS4 run through the receiver. I've had the Apple TV 3 since I got the system and it's worked like a charm. Since getting the Apple TV 4, every time I'm watching tv and use my Bose remote it no longer turns the tv off. It use to always turn the tv off when I powered down no matter what source. I understand the new Apple TV 4 has the universal capabilities but I turned all of these off in hopes of getting back to using 1 remote. I even rebooted my Bose system and unplugged my tv. It works the first time but the second I switch over the Apple TV, the remote stops powering the TV on and off. Even after unplugging the tv and plugging it back in, when I search for the Anynet+ device it only shows the Apple TV though the remote will power the tv until sources are switched. Some one please help me it's driving me crazy! I don't want to use the Bose remote, Apple TV remote and the Samsung tv remote.

2. Movahassan thread starter macrumors newbie

If not clear the Apple TV 3 use to cause no issues. But the Apple TV 4 seems to be interfering with my home theater.

3. tmarshl macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. ATV3 worked perfectly - ATV4 screws up my Home Theater Projector (JVC DLA - 7) Will not shut down properly. When I try to restart, it will not turn on and shows error code. Have to Unplug from power AND from HDMI connection to receiver to get it to restart. It seems like the ATV4 is taking control through HDMI. Anyone have an idea on this?

4. tmarshl macrumors newbie