Apple TV network help

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by spanna banana, Aug 27, 2012.

1. spanna banana macrumors newbie

I am trying to mirror my iPad with an ATV and projector. The school has an enterprise network which the ATV won't connect with but I am trying to work out a way...

I thought I might be able to use a hotspot from my iPhone but that doesn't work. I tried to use MyWi on my iPod Touch (jailbroken) but that only makes an adhoc network, which the ATV doesn't "see"!?!?

Is there another app i can get from Cydia? I really want this to work, but I can't seem to get the ATV to "see" any of my created networks....:mad:

2. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

probably easiest way would be to pick up an airport express and create a wifi network in the room.

3. Cinephi1e macrumors regular

Yes, we had the same issue. With the IT department's permission we bought an Airport Express and we create a temporary network when we need to use Airplay with the projector. Since it is used on a temporary basis only with the projector it minimizes the chances of anyone using it to break into the enterprise network.