Apple TV network issue?!?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by roland.g, Apr 13, 2007.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have an Apple TV connected wireless to my 802.11g Airport Extreme network and my Mini. Syncing and Streaming work great, but, it seems like everyday I go to the Sources and it is not connected. I have to go into settings, network, and configure wireless, and re-enter my password each time.

Anyone have this issue or know why it might do this. It's getting annoying. The only thing I haven't done and should do before calling Applecare is download and install 10.4.9, currently 4.8 and I think there may be one new Airport update, but it lists fixes for notebooks and says nothing about Apple TV.

2. ogee macrumors 6502

Ive noticed this as well. Next time it happens, leave it. Goto your iTunes and add a tune or something. I think you will find the system will sync automatically again and the connection re-made. It may take a short time, and will only happen when the ATV is idle.

3. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

ok. Here is my question.

Im running on a G network and I dont have a problem with anything else in my network but with this, its sending about 4950 songs from iTunes to the AppleTV and im on day 3 of it doing this....

and its only gotten like 500 songs sent so far....wtf is taking so long. At this rate (and its running about 12 hours a day) its gonna take a month to send all my songs :eek: