Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FurbyUK

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
I was watching a tv show from my MacBook via home sharing and it automatically continued onto the next episode. I put tvOS 10 GM on and now it's stopped working. No idea why. No obvious setting changes.

Any ideas?

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
Already reported it, but may be pointless since it's no longer beta, this is the version the public is getting in a few days. thanks for being condescending.

It may not be a GM issue though. Was after actual sensible ideas to resolve the issue.

Is it a specific app that it wont work on, or is it all apps in general? Could be a setting that needs changed, or it could be a code break that was affected by the underlying OS update, which in all likelihood will be fixed once the new OS is released, and the specific app is updated with the corrections.

Its 'normal' that certain apps lose functionality or features when running an OS GM or beta, generally due to the developer not updating app with whatever nuances change between major versions.

FurbyUK

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
Is it a specific app that it wont work on, or is it all apps in general? Could be a setting that needs changed, or it could be a code break that was affected by the underlying OS update, which in all likelihood will be fixed once the new OS is released, and the specific app is updated with the corrections.

Its 'normal' that certain apps lose functionality or features when running an OS GM or beta, generally due to the developer not updating app with whatever nuances change between major versions.

As per my OP, it's when watching tv episodes via Home Sharing. It's not a separate app.

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
As per my OP, it's when watching tv episodes via Home Sharing. It's not a separate app.

This might be something with the GM. I've not messed with the GM since an early beta release, nor have I tried this feature. Is it something you can replicate repeatedly?

I would recommend what was mentioned above by notating it to Apple. If by some chance its a fluke in that its not replicable, they may just ignore and move on. But if its something that they garner interest in, they may contact you for further info. Understand that as part of the pre-beta/GM EULA, when submitting the issue, info from your device will be transmitted to Apple for the purpose of diagnostics.

FurbyUK

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Up North
This might be something with the GM. I've not messed with the GM since an early beta release, nor have I tried this feature. Is it something you can replicate repeatedly?

I would recommend what was mentioned above by notating it to Apple. If by some chance its a fluke in that its not replicable, they may just ignore and move on. But if its something that they garner interest in, they may contact you for further info. Understand that as part of the pre-beta/GM EULA, when submitting the issue, info from your device will be transmitted to Apple for the purpose of diagnostics.

As stated, already reported to Apple. I had 3 TV shows on my Mac, they used to autoplay to the next episode. Now they don't. So yes, it's replicable in a sense.

GM is the final release version, going to the public tomorrow.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
I noticed this too! Huge disappointment. I noticed this feature died in one of the betas. I don't remember which one. I was hoping they'd bring it back, but they haven't yet :(

Reactions: FurbyUK

macseven77

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Chicago
I noticed this too! Huge disappointment. I noticed this feature died in one of the betas. I don't remember which one. I was hoping they'd bring it back, but they haven't yet :(
Mine too. This is a huge feature for me. I find I use it less since it doesn't move to the next episode. Very much a pain. Can anyone submit a ticket or only developers?

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Mine too. This is a huge feature for me. I find I use it less since it doesn't move to the next episode. Very much a pain. Can anyone submit a ticket or only developers?

Anyone can submit a ticket. I was holding off on submitting something as I wasn't sure if it was a bug or a deliberate feature removal. If they removed it, submit a new feature request ticket. The more requests they get, the more likely it will be the feature returns.

bugreport.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.