Apple TV not able to connect to iTunes, try again later

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by andrewsjra, Apr 17, 2015.

1. andrewsjra macrumors regular

Is anyone receiving the message their Apple TV receiver cannot connect to iTunes and to try again later? I have the latest update and own a 3rd generation unit. this only occurs trying to play movies or shows I own. My music plays fine. On a side note even when my movies do play, I mostly receibe errors trying to play movies on the first try. I usually have to exit out to main menu and try again. It usually will play on a second attempt. Anyone else have this issue? It's just frustrating when you can't always access a movie you own. I guess that's the gamble with digital copies.

2. kevo1011 macrumors regular

Same here. Could not connect to library and I just used it about 30 minutes ago.

3. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to happen every once in a while. I just wish apple could get iTunes up and running in a timely manner. One time it didn't work until the next day for me. I own over a 100 movies on there. With all the money I paid, I expect better service.

----------

FYI: it appears to be working now on my Apple TV and iPhone 6.

4. Username Here macrumors member

Fix

This may not apply to your situation, but has your computer name changed...? More specifically is there a number in ( ) after the name...Yosemite has been known to change the name to accomplish whatever it needed to do..(don't ask me) Change the name to something entirely different and have the apple tv point to it and you will never have a problem again...Worked for me...Found this fix somewhere and it did work for all those who responded....