Apple TV not linking to computer

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jquest68, Sep 11, 2016.

1. jquest68 macrumors member

jquest68

Hey gang,
    I have some movies on my laptop that I want to play on the tv but its not linking it keeps saying something about home sharing. I already have my email linked to the tv and home sharing is checked off but I don't see my downloaded movies on my home videos on my tv. I went to my laptop to make sure home sharing is connected and then went to my tv and it keeps saying the same thing.

2. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Are the movies in the Home Movie area of iTunes on your laptop?

3. jquest68 thread starter macrumors member

jquest68

They are in iTunes I can see them on my computer but I just can't seem to have it showing on my tv.
    I checked the id and password on the tv and on my computer. The Homesharing is turned on my computer but its not popping up on the Apple Tv only my movies that I bought off of iTunes library. i have movies that I downloaded and sent to iTunes before and it all worked just fine.

4. jquest68 thread starter macrumors member

jquest68

I finally solved this issue. What it was my brother in law didn't tell me that he put a different router to have a direct connection with the Ethernet instead of wifi. All of the home sharing computer, tv, phone, iPads got to be on one router. So I unplugged it and was able to link my videos to the Apple tv. Thanks all for your help.