Apple TV not Responding!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jhonhoang, Dec 26, 2013.

1. jhonhoang macrumors newbie

I have a 3rd Generation Apple TV and when I turn it on, it works fine with the apple remote. When I try to use the remote on it to select, move up or down, or try to press play, the apple tv doesn't respond.

This apple tv is brand new and is it barely use.

Can the apple tv be reset or is something wrong with the apple tv or the apple remote? What should I do?

2. blujacket macrumors newbie

3. jhonhoang thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought that was the problem, I have a 2nd Apple TV, it was responding to the 2nd apple tv with that my 3rd generation apple tv remote. There is nothing wrong with my 2nd Apple TV.

4. cynics macrumors G3

5. waw74 macrumors 68030

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1555
    it's possible that a remote is paired.

if the aTV is paired with a different remote, the light on the front will flash, but nothing will happen.

Pairing affects the receiver, not the remote.

a paired receiver will listen to the remote it was paired with*
    an unpaired receiver will listen to any remote, including remotes that are paired with another device.

*there are 256 unique remote codes, so you can have a receiver listen to a different remote if they both have the same code.

-----
    to test the battery in your remote, point it at any camera and press a button, you should see a flash.
    you can use the camera on your mac or iOS device,
    you might have to get it close to the camera, or play with the angle a bit.

6. jhonhoang thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I try out all the things you mention it. I figure it out, I just restore the Apple TV in iTunes and everything seems to work fine.