Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ovenall

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Chicago
Hah. I ordered mine on September 2nd, and my order status still says "ships September"

Well, it's the 24th and late on a Friday. Maybe I'll get it some time in early October. No big rush, but I'm all ready for it and the long winter ahead.

Andy0568

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Where are Apple TVs manufactured? China? I paid for two day shipping to California and I have not received a notice from Apple informing me that they have to refund my expedited shipping. Theres hope for September still :D

DanMacApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I am hoping that the apple tvs will ship out on Monday! This way we would have them by the end of the week:D:D

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Where are Apple TVs manufactured? China? I paid for two day shipping to California and I have not received a notice from Apple informing me that they have to refund my expedited shipping. Theres hope for September still :D

They only claim to ship it in September, not delivery in September. And most likely it will ship from China directly.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Speak for yourself. Mine doesn't "ship until Oct. 8" and will "Deliver by Oct. 15" :mad:

:(

I ordered yesterday and have a ship date of 10/19. Of course, i knew it would be around then before i placed the order. It was more of just a safety measure. I'm going to try to find one in the store at launch, and if that fails for whatever reason, i know i am at least on the waiting list. I'll just cancel the order if i do manage to get my hands on one, which i expect will be the case.

And as far as shipping goes, they must not be shipping the later orders direct from China. Mine is listed as shipping 10/19 and delivering 10/22. My iPhone took like 7 days to ship from China, not 3.

Tsucrew

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
Remorse

Did anyone else rush out and preorder but now realize why exactly do I need a device that does nothing different then my TiVo or ps3? If apps are a part of this then yep game changer but if not oh boy became an apple victim.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Did anyone else rush out and preorder but now realize why exactly do I need a device that does nothing different then my TiVo or ps3? If apps are a part of this then yep game changer but if not oh boy became an apple victim.

If they haven't charged your card yet you can always cancel the order. And even if they did, you should be able to just ship it right back for a refund (don't open it though)

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Same here. I’m sure they’ll drop ship them from China. I hope it gets here by Friday. I’ve got 4.2B1 on my iPad and I’m ready to test AirPlay!

Ordered Sep 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM PDT.

Attachments

• Prepared.jpg
    Prepared.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 67

brotato

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2010

I did! I am looking forward to airplay though and am hoping that it will be jailbroken. For $99 I think its worth having for those features.

seanmcpherson

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Apple TV Shipping Data

You know the rules... screen shot or it didn't happen :)

KK, attached is a snip of both my Fedex tracking plus the email from apple, with some redacted order data :)

Attachments

• AppleTV_Ship.PNG
    AppleTV_Ship.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 78

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
KK, attached is a snip of both my Fedex tracking plus the email from apple, with some redacted order data :)

Sweet, so if it's getting to you in Louisville on the 30th, then they should hopefully hit retail stores (Louisville and hopefully Lexington) around the same day. Friday or Saturday at the latest.

seanmcpherson

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Sweet, so if it's getting to you in Louisville on the 30th, then they should hopefully hit retail stores (Louisville and hopefully Lexington) around the same day. Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Yeah, and I'll be out of town from Wednesday AM until late Sunday night, so it'll sit on my desk at work for several days, it seems *laugh* No AppleTV fun for me till next week!

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008

The real world experience is what counts. Not all Netflix interfaces are equal. Not all streaming implementations are equal.

There's a difference between barely doing the job and doing it well.

I bought the ATV for the latter.

Tivo's Netflix sucks as does its streaming capabilities. The 360's leave much to be desired as well especially if you have a Mac and have most of your media stored in iTunes.

I'll be disappointed if the new ATV doesn't excel in these areas, but I'm betting it will.

If not I'll resell the thing.

seanmcpherson

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Updated: Now Oct 5th

Mine just updated; Fedex now says Oct 5th. See attached. 3 other folks I know just had the same update show up in Fedex's system.

Attachments

• AppleTV_Ship_Update.PNG
    AppleTV_Ship_Update.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 61
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.