Apple TV on Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by MacNewbie07, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MacNewbie07 macrumors newbie

I didn't see ATV on the list for last year's sales events.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any place that might have it for a discount (even a small one) from the regular price?

Cheers.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. obey908 macrumors 6502a

i bought an apple tv yesterday and before i bought it, i asked both the apple store and bestbuy if it would go on sale on friday, and they just laughed at me.

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Just get a refurbished one from store.apple.com. You probably won't be able to tell the difference, and it includes a full warranty. $199/$279 :)

5. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

i bought mine from eBay 2 weeks ago for $180 less 25% from live.com

That's your best bet, plus free shipping, no tax.....

6. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

Im about to buy from ebay, but im scared that apple will launch and awsomely update, and my ATV will brick...
    oh I plan to upgrade the hard drive seriusly......:D

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i bought an apple tv today with the black friday sale....i like it alot

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It was just the 160GB model on sale Friday, right?

I might've bit had the cheapest one been on sale since I stream everything from a networked drive. But I think I'm in a holding pattern until I figure out how awesome Netflix really is. I like watching streaming stuff on my laptop (external 20" monitor!) and I'd like to do it as easily on a TV. But I have tried to hook up my computer to TVs before only to have extremely crappy video. If I could ever figure that out, I would really just like to buy an old Intel Mac Mini on eBay and use it with the TV.

9. mdgolom macrumors 6502

No, the 40GB was on sale as well. Their webpage only showed the 160GB, but if you went took a look at pricing, the 40GB had the same discount.

10. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I managed to pick up a 160gb refurb for £189 (retail £269). It's definitely the way to go. I got a refurb MacBook a year ago and had no complaints and saved £200+. You do need to check every day and if you see one you want just get it as they go quick . All I need to do now is how to figure out streaming the BBC iplayer through and I will be laughing