Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QWERTYMac7

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2012
I bought one yesterday and installed it in a clients house today.

She was/is impressed with it's capabilities.

My ATV at home is a refurb that cost $85.00.

$84.00 is a hot price.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Refurb at Apple.com is $75. Just keep that in mind. However, if you plan to give this to someone else for Xmas, you might want to go non-refurb (just looks prettier) which in that case makes this a pretty good deal. Rakuten.com had them for 79.99 on BF but obviously that is no help now.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Refurb at Apple.com is $75. Just keep that in mind. However, if you plan to give this to someone else for Xmas, you might want to go non-refurb (just looks prettier) which in that case makes this a pretty good deal. Rakuten.com had them for 79.99 on BF but obviously that is no help now.

The only way you can tell an Apple refurb is from the brown shipping box....otherwise everything looks brand new....this isn't like Meritline where refurbs can be all scratched up and have stickers on them.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
The only way you can tell an Apple refurb is from the brown shipping box....otherwise everything looks brand new....this isn't like Meritline where refurbs can be all scratched up and have stickers on them.

Well, yes but the white box it comes in states refurbished, etc. etc....

So I mean some may care about that is all I was saying. But yes the unit itself will be perfect.

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
Thank you op. Just reserved one at my local store. I ordered a refurb online and will now return it for a new one for only $9 more. To me, $9 is worth it for a new unit.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I bought mine from Apple during the Black Friday Sale for $99 but received a $25 store credit which I used for other things I wanted. So got them new for $75 each. A number of people on my xmas list are getting them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.