Apple TV or Bigger Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by epiccreations, Oct 22, 2008.

1. epiccreations macrumors newbie

So my 200GB MBP Hard Drive is almost full with movies and TV Shows and it's about that time that I upgrade my hard drive or get an Apple TV. Eventually I would like to do both but I am financially limited to one or the other right now. I haven't heard about an Apple TV update for a while so I don't want to buy one and have have it updated in a month or two... Any suggestions? Recommendations on a hard drive for a 2.4GHZ (early 2008) MBP?

2. mcruzader macrumors regular

I would just buy a 500GB internal for you Macbook Pro. That should solve your problems for a while. Check newegg, they are running for about $150.

3. epiccreations thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I was leaning towards. Would this be difficult to install for someone with little hardware knowledge and an online guide or should I pay the extra money and have a pro install it? Also, I have an external that backs up every hour through time machine, does that capture my Vista (have to use it for school...) side too or will I have to reinstall through boot camp when I get the new drive?

4. mcruzader macrumors regular

To install the hard drive I would use an ifixit.com guide. If you think you can handle all the screws and have a steady hands, go right ahead, shouldn't be that hard. On the flipside, if you mess it up, you have an excuse to buy a new one :D.