Apple TV or iPod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zali0n, Apr 20, 2007.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

Nov 23, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Hey guys, I got some money for my birthday and stuck as what to spend it on. I'm thinking about buying an Apple TV then again I am also thinking about upgrading my 4G iPod to a new one and I can't make up my mind as to which to buy!

I like the idea of the Apple TV and having my content on the TV (all I do now is plug in my MBP via DVI) or is it just me being lazy and not wanting to hook my MBP up to the TV

Do I choose a new iPod and be able to have my content on the move! In this case I could just take my laptop :S I must say and as sad as it sems I'm very attached to my old iPod :rolleyes: (We've been through 2 girlfriends, endless countries and so on) so I would be sad to see it go!

Any suggestions!!
  2. SkyBell macrumors 604

Sep 7, 2006
    Texas, unfortunately.
    Ooo, tough choice.

But I'd have to say, go with the Apple TV, unless movies on the go are REALLY important to you.
  3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Oct 14, 2005
    You'll be able to play more video types easier with your MBP + DVI cable than with an unhacked AppleTV.

I just yesterday demoted my nano (my first iPod) from my main iPod to only Nike+ and podcasts-at-bedtime duty. I bought an 80GB iPod so I could watch some video on a transatlantic flight and I love it so much it's now my main one. Doesn't mean I don't love the nano anymore, though. :)