Apple TV Play with "Normal" Handbrake setting?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bern1812, Apr 25, 2011.

1. bern1812, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

bern1812 macrumors member

I have most of my DVD's ripped and encoded using the "Normal" Handbrake setting. This is the setting that will allow them to play on my Xbox 360 and will play fine on m iPad through Goodreader (but not the Video app). I also have a few movies that I encoded using the Apple TV setting to try to get them to play in the video app on the iPad. The problem is these videos will not play on my Xbox.

I am looking into getting an Apple TV but dont want to put out the money for one when it wont play my video collection because of their formatting. I know the Western Digital player will play them all just fine, but I am not sure if the Apple is picky or not.

Does anyone have any idea if the Normal Handbrake setting will play on the Apple TV?

Edit: I think I may have found my answers as to whether or not to get the Apple TV. You cant connect a harddrive directly to it like previous generations?

2. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

as long as you have in a format that will play through iTunes you can view it though ATV.

Normal, high, or apple tv formats are all fine once imported into iTunes.