Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today previewed new and returning series and films that will be available on its TV+ streaming service this year.

Apple-TV-Plus-Constellation.jpg

Here's what's new or upcoming this year, according to Apple:
  • The New Look
  • Sugar
  • Killers of the Flower Moon
  • Masters of the Air
  • Franklin
  • Napoleon
  • Girls State
  • Lady in the Lake
  • Presumed Innocent
  • Constellation
  • Manhunt
  • The Dynasty: New England Patriots
  • Dark Matter
  • Palm Royale
  • The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin
  • Land of Women
  • Messi's World Cup: The Rise of a Legend
  • Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin
  • Loot (Season 2)
  • The Big Door Prize (Season 2)
  • The Reluctant Traveler With Eugene Levy (Season 2)
  • Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock (Season 2)
  • Acapulco (Season 3)
  • Trying (Season 4)
Apple's press release provides more details about each of the series and films, so be sure to check that out for a deeper dive into the content.

Apple also shared a teaser video:

Apple TV+ received a price increase in October, and the service now costs $9.99 per month in the U.S. for new and existing subscribers.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Previews 2024 Lineup of Shows and Films

Last edited:
Reactions: mhnd

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
I haven't looked at Apple TV streaming service for a while but they are starting to have a decent lineup of shows... I'll probably pass on Argylle tho...

If I want to watch a silly spy themed movie... Id have preferred an Austin Powers sequel... now that would have been hilarious.

Imagine FB advertising for Apple TV... what have they been brewing up... take a whiff of that... everyone loves their own brew... and I'm sure Apple love theirs 😆

Reactions: ToyoCorollaGR

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
I am disappointed not to see confirmation of a second season of Silo and of Slow Horses. I know this does not mean it won't come in 2024, but still, definitely if at all it will be towards the end of this year. Sad.
Silo Season 2 is coming. It was renewed for a second season and filming resumed back in December.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
The Reluctant Traveler With Eugene Levy

Is this like An Idiot Abroad, with Karl Pilkington?

EDIT: oh, apparently not. That’s a shame. An Idiot Abroad is the best travel show ever made.

• Haha
Reactions: freedomlinux

thekaiju

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I haven't looked at Apple TV streaming service for a while but they are starting to have a decent lineup of shows... I'll probably pass on Argylle tho...

If I want to watch a silly spy themed movie... Id have preferred they done a Austin Powers sequel... now that would have been hilarious.
Argylle appears to be a flop.

However, their expanding line-up of shows has finally made the service worth having now. Over the past 2 months I've watched: Slow Horses (awesome); Silo (great); Monarch (good); and Black Bird (really good).

Masters of the Air looks promising. And I still need to watch For All Mankind.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Searched for “spatial” and “3d”. Zero results. Kind of unexpected!

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I was hoping for a second season of Silo… seems not on the list :(:(
I am disappointed not to see confirmation of a second season of Silo....
Where’s Silo? I love that show, I need to see what’s inside the other Silos…
It was picked up for a 2nd season and they've only just begun shooting after the SAG-AFTRA strikes. We may have to wait until late 2024/early 2025 for the season to air.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
don't see Severance on there 😞
I only need Severance Season 2. Where is it?
No Severance 2? 😭
It's coming. Ben Stiller gave an update a week back.

Welcome back to Lumon.

“Severance” Season 2 has returned to production, which was delayed for months due to the Hollywood strikes.

Season 2 of the popular Apple TV+ thriller stopped shooting in May 2023 when the Writers Guild of America first went on strike against the studios represented by the AMPTP. The writers strike ended on Sept. 26, but by that point, SAG-AFTRA was 74 days into a strike of its own. Now that SAG-AFTRA has also reached a deal with the studios, everyone in Hollywood is cleared to go back to work, and “Severance” is back on track.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
I am disappointed not to see confirmation of a second season of Silo and of Slow Horses. I know this does not mean it won't come in 2024, but still, definitely if at all it will be towards the end of this year. Sad.

Slow Horses is confirmed as they showed sneak peaks at the end of this years season. But it is a shame it's not confirmed yet. I don't know what their filming schedule is like though, but they have managed 1 season a year so far.

Reactions: Kengineer

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
Ted Lasso, The Morning Show and For All Mankind are enough for me to justify having Apple TV+. Masters of the Air is a GREAT show, as good as Band of Brothers.

Reactions: mhnd

gbc204

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2011
Didn't every seasons of Slow Horses (after the first season) premiere in late November? Probably don't want to announce anything at the end of the year yet, but they had a preview of the next seasons again after the third season finale so they've gotta have most of it in the can already. The showrunner has already said it'll be before the end of the year.

Reactions: Pezimak and sflagel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.