Apple TV Questions

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Gutwrench, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm buying my first Apple TV and have a few questions for the veteran users.

I just picked up the SONOS Playbar and sub to match with the pair of Play 1's. Will I be able to any music I have access to on my iPad or iPhone (like radio and Apple Music) over the SONOS? I think the answer is yes but I will need to use AirPlay. Is this correct? Any comments or advice?

2. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

This one may seem silly, but is there a way to watch tv but listen to the audio with earbuds? This might be handy if people are sleeping or others are using the same or adjacent room.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

What ATV you're using? ATV3 has headphone port if I remember correctly.

4. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I bought an ATV3 for a bedroom and waiting to buy ATV4 for the den. I was hoping for a solution where I could have the earbuds connected to an iPad or iPhone instead. I'm probably being unreasonable but I'm new to ATV so just asking.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

ATV3 has headphone port. You can connect directly. ATV4 has Bluetooth 4 so if you have BT headphone you can use that too.

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

If you don't have Bluetooth cans, you can get tiny Bluetooth receivers to plug your existing ones into for next to no money. That's what I did for my, non Bluetooth, Beats cans.