apple tv refresh

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by deathcab4xtina, Dec 28, 2013.

1. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

any idea when there will be an apple tv refresh? im toying with the idea of getting one, but its been awhile since its been updated

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

This is, the million dollar question that no one knows the answer to.

Just buy the current one It's only $99 new ($75 refurb from apple) And even if the new one comes out tomorrow, you can still use the current one on a secondary tv.

3. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

This no one can tell there has been many rumors Apple has been working on an actual TV this not mean that they will not come out with a new Apple TV device but if Apple is working on TVs now on I do not see a point for and Apple TV box or device in the future since all the apps can easily be integrated in the TV like all other smart TVs.

Last rumor everyone heard for anything new for Apple TV would sometime late 2014 but like I said a rumor, I would just recommend to get a Apple TV now since it is only $99.

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Just buy a refurb for $75. If a new one comes out in a few months sell it for $50 and get the new one. Your out $25 for a few months enjoyment, not a bad deal in a worst case scenario.

I'll give you one and a big one at that, cost. An Apple TV is likely going to be $2k starting. Most people don't have TV's that cost anywhere near that. On top of that people don't replace TV's that often. So for all those people out there with 2-3 year old screens they aren't likely to run out and drop big bucks on a new TV. A $100 box will suffice just fine. Another is nothing says Apple is going to make the higher quality TV. Lots of campanies have been making top TV's for a long time. Their first gen set may not have the best picture quality out there. A lot of people spending that kind of money on a TV want the highest PQ.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm with Boomhower; a true Apple TV is going to be expensive. But if Apple were to decide to price it at $ 2000, I don't know who would be willing to cough up that much money. for $ 1000 you can get a quite capable 46-50 inch TV.

6. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

my roommate got one for $50 bucks on craigslist and my brother got one on ebay for under $60 bucks. Shop around