Apple TV refuses to turn on after update.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by APlotdevice, Sep 26, 2014.

1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So last night I manually installed the latest update. It was talking a long time, so I turned off the TV and let the little box do its thing. However today I tried to airplay something and noticed it wasn't showing up on the network. I attempted to to wake it with the remote, but nothing happened; no white LED and no picture on the screen. I tried unplugging and plugging it in after about 30 seconds. Nada. I tried using a different power cable. Still nothing. Finally I connected it to my computer to try and reset it using iTunes, but the program wasn't even able to detect it.

Is there anything I could have missed?

2. cyber16, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

cyber16 macrumors 6502

3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

4. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Huh, Yesterday I followed the procedure to no avail. However I tried again today, after leaving the Apple TV unplugged in the intervening time, and it actually worked! (I guess the capacitors just took a while to fully discharge)

5. KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

Always unplug Apple TV from the power if you have a problem this has always solved any of my issues. I have to unplug the power every so often for this same issue as well be very slow at Airplay.