Apple TV refuses to turn on after update.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
So last night I manually installed the latest update. It was talking a long time, so I turned off the TV and let the little box do its thing. However today I tried to airplay something and noticed it wasn't showing up on the network. I attempted to to wake it with the remote, but nothing happened; no white LED and no picture on the screen. I tried unplugging and plugging it in after about 30 seconds. Nada. I tried using a different power cable. Still nothing. Finally I connected it to my computer to try and reset it using iTunes, but the program wasn't even able to detect it.

Is there anything I could have missed?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Huh, Yesterday I followed the procedure to no avail. However I tried again today, after leaving the Apple TV unplugged in the intervening time, and it actually worked! (I guess the capacitors just took a while to fully discharge)

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
Huh, Yesterday I followed the procedure to no avail. However I tried again today, after leaving the Apple TV unplugged in the intervening time, and it actually worked! (I guess the capacitors just took a while to fully discharge)
Always unplug Apple TV from the power if you have a problem this has always solved any of my issues. I have to unplug the power every so often for this same issue as well be very slow at Airplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.