Apple tv/Remote app question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by wrkngclasshero, Mar 5, 2009.

1. wrkngclasshero macrumors regular

wrkngclasshero

Since apple tv can now work as an airtunes source, can the remote app control this.

i.e if I had an airport express could i use the remote app to control it through the apple tv's airtunes .

2. Purpdust macrumors member

Yes
    you can play with you Computer Itunes to the ATV and play from the ATV to your other Air tunes Speakers.

3. hualon macrumors 6502

I'm going to piggyback on this thread to ask if anyone knows the reason that I can't RATE songs when I'm using remote.app to control either my iTunes library or my Apple TV.

If I double-click on the song that's playing in remote.app I can see the playlist and I can see the rating (if the song has one) but it won't let me change them! :confused:

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Yes, you can use the Remote App to control any available library on your network that is configured to allow remote control (e.g. :apple:TV, any computer's iTunes), and you can direct the output to any device available to that library (e.g. :apple:TV, Airport Express, the computer's own speakers). If you have multiple speakers selected they all play in unison. It is a really impressive software/hardware combination.