Apple TV Remote Not Working Right With MLB.TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by SeniorHippie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. SeniorHippie macrumors newbie

When I am watching a game and the inning ends, I click down then forward to go to the start of the next half-inning. This worked perfectly all of last season. However, this season it skips ahead two markers, both back and forward. I find myself skipping back and forth until it hits the right spot. I have two ATVs in my home and this problem is occuring on both. Ideas?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

prob the app got updated w/ the last fw and had the issue and they didn't realize it. I don't have paid access to mlb.tv so I can't test it on my aTV3.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah, I'm having exactly the same issue, must be a bug. And a rather annoying one because that was a really convenient feature. Worked fine for me last year too. Unfortunately, because Apple hasn't opened up AppleTV to apps yet, we are stuck waiting until the next AppleTV update for them to (hopefully) fix it, instead of just getting pushed an immediate fix from MLB like on iOS.

4. Sixth Street macrumors member

Confirmed.

But in trying to figure out a way around it, I discovered that if you just fast forward, there appears a text like "Top 3rd" when you fast forward to that half innings first pitch.

I actually like this method better because the other method kind of gives you a preview of where the big half innings are, because they are all marked.

I don't know if you already know about it, but I wanted to share.