Apple TV remote quality (battery)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2457244, Mar 8, 2017.

1. 2457244 macrumors regular

Bought an Apple TV 4 during Christmas 2015 and at first I thought the only 'Apple quality' about it was the sexy remote that came along with it. It works fine, looks very good and it charges in about 15 minutes or less.

Fun fact, it took me about 6 to 7 months until I had to recharge my remote of the first time but as of late I have to recharge my remote very often. Looks like the battery quality inside the remote only last 3 or 4 cycli before it runs out of health and you have to recharge it more often or more quickly. Barely two weeks ago I had to recharge my remote for the 4th or 5th time and yesterday evening it was empty again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

2. mic j macrumors 68030

Nope. Charged it multiple times and still lasts a long time between charges. I also have not seen other complaints like that (not to say they don't exist, just haven't seen them). Can you take it in to have it checked?

3. 2457244 thread starter macrumors regular

Can't really bring it in because there is no Apple Store near my town so I probably have to find a way to contact them online or so.

Just found out that my Apple TV Remote is losing 3 - 5% battery level during the day without being activated or touched. The TV hasn't been on for the entire day.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

maybe try power cycling then aTV itself?
    it's possible the bluetooth connection isn't getting dropped like it should.

I'm not sure if there's a way to reset the remote.