Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Air Canada today announced that its in-flight entertainment system now offers a selection of Apple TV+ shows for free on airplanes equipped with seat-back screens, allowing passengers to watch episodes of Ted Lasso, Severance, Foundation, The Morning Show, and other original content from the streaming service. Air Canada said it is the second airline in the world to offer in-flight Apple TV+ programming after American Airlines.

Apple-TV-Plus-Air-Canada.jpg

On the ground, Apple TV+ costs $8.99 per month or $89 annually in Canada. The streaming service is available in the Apple TV app across several devices and platforms, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV box, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Roku and Amazon Fire TV streaming sticks, and select smart TVs from LG, Samsung, Sony, and Vizio. Apple TV+ content can also be streamed on the web at tv.apple.com.

Air Canada's announcement was earlier reported by the blog iPhone in Canada.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Shows Now Available to Watch on Air Canada Flights

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

AppleTO

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Toronto, Canada
AFAIK, most Air Canada planes still have their first gen seatback displays, which are very old and slow. I’m wondering if these will get the shows as well.

Edit: it looks like they have upgraded most of the larger jets. Some of the medium and all the smaller ones still have the old system, or just streaming to your own devices.

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
TV+ would be welcome. Seems like whatever airline I’m on, they’ve all licensed the same 5 episodes of Big Bang Theory…

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
The world must be full of unhappy, depressed, mean and awful people. A simple report about Air Canada providing Apple TV+ content and half of the responses throw caca and mud at the airline, just like they do anything Apple.

Reactions: trusso and SFjohn

david0128

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2021
The world must be full of unhappy, depressed, mean and awful people. A simple report about Air Canada providing Apple TV+ content and half of the responses throw caca and mud at the airline, just like they do anything Apple.
That's quite a sweeping statement based on the six posts about the article. I only found one that was negative to Air Canada. I'm not sure who's unhappy and depressed here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.