Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stjore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2017
I have seen hundreds of posts on many other forums with people having this problem. Apps work just fine in any Audio/Video configuration. However, I cannot watch anything I have purchased on iTunes, 4k or HD, without there being a delay. The Audio is behind the video. This happens on several televisions. I have tried new and different HDMI cables, even returned by first 4k box and same issue. My main TV is only 2 weeks old, a 2017 LG OLED that supports Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HGR. I have reset the box, tried Dolby Vision, non Dolby vision, multiple configurations and refresh rates, always the same problem on any Audio/Video settings. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? Or have any other suggestions?

DHA

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
Watched the first harry potter film last night and the lip sync was bad at first, it almost caught up after a few minutes but was never perfect in the film.

Patrick Turner

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2017
Had the same issue. I had to go into the sound menu of the LG TV scroll all the way down and enable "AV sync" and "Bypass mode".

LG tech support said either they or apple will fix it with a FW update.

Reactions: satcomer

josh bear

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2010
I have the same issue. I av set av sync to minus 3and it gets close but still off enough to get on my nerves. Sky q with same tv lgc7 is fine

Josh

josh bear

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2010
Just had the solution below given to me from the LG forums. It worked for me!

Switch on trumotion to user and set 0-0

Regards

Josh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.