Apple TV Take Two in stores yet??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Yanwoo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Yanwoo macrumors regular

Anybody know if the Apple TVs with the Take Two update and new box are in stores yet? And yes I know officially there is no hardware change...

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

No way. It will a while before inventory reflects this. Just like when a new OS comes out, computers in the store were manufactured and distributed prior to the OS roll out. Give it 2-4 weeks before that happens.

3. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I called the store here in Columbus Ohio and asked if they were going to upgrade their floor model today. I was told the update is not available today and no they were not going to update today. LOL I guess apple doesn't want to sell me one today. What a joke apples customer service is. I even had the person ask the supervisor of the store and got the same response.

4. Yanwoo thread starter macrumors regular

Not unusual for the apple retail store staff not to know much about this kind of thing.

Is it likely that ordering online will result in getting the updated version faster than waiting for the stores to clear inventory??

5. colinmack macrumors regular

I've been sort of waiting for the new packaging as well...just on the vague chance something gets quietly updated (99% unlikely, but I'm waiting to pick up a Time Capsule as well, and was planning on waiting until the potential mystery end-of-February surprise event came and went)...

6. Yanwoo thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone bought an Apple TV from a store since the update was released? ...or received one from the online store?

7. ascender macrumors 68020

I suppose its not really a priority for them on this one, is it? You buy an "old" ATV, take it home, plug it in, update it and its now the "new" ATV.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I received mine yesterday (Ordered it Saturday) and it isn't the new version.

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

What version is it? 1.1 (with YouTube) or 1.0?

I'd like to get one where I can factory restore to 1.1. The one I have now is an original one that I would have to restore to 1.0.

Thanks.

10. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark