Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple2

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
Providence, RI
Here's the original text of the page, courtesy of Google Chrome's translate feature:

Three areas: human resources recruitment and development, design, client server game plan. It is also included wording "in the game is the flower of the entertainment industry. Looking for a creative talent and challenging game that will lead the business of Samsung" is that advertising statement. In addition, for a separate field "game" for the first time this year, a program staff training college students to "Samsung Software Membership", Samsung Electronics is looking for college students who are interested in planning and Game Art / Design game development game . And university students in the program to assist in various educational programs, materials and equipment, software Samsung membership made ​​in 1991, it has been found that a substantial number of these should appear joined to Samsung Electronics. So far, although they indirectly involved in the game business or doing business with the game console game company Sega Japan and carried out distribution such as online games "Dungeon and Fighter" "Red Stone", Samsung is the game directly never produced. In the industry it is seen to be a signal flare to advance in earnest for showing signs that Samsung Electronics is recruiting in-house human resources game-related, trying to ensure a pre-college student promising, to the game business. Last year, even when starting a business related (bio-generic drugs) biosimilar, Samsung has selected the human resources through internal recruitment for staff to affiliates. The game is seen around the course for PC, is the center of the main content through PC and smartphones and tablet, and there is a possibility that the Media Solution Center, Samsung Electronics is undertaken. The Samsung is on the lookout for interpretation and expansion. "Which can not be seen in the sector content such as a tablet PC and smartphone, to human resources game development to reach hundreds of people already, and start a new game business" for this are. Through the material 22, Samsung Group has officially denied the other hand for the game industry advance theory. Because you do not have any plans to advance the industry "game Samsung. Prevent stretch more, in 22 plans to reveal the official position against this through the social network Facebook Official Group, and Twitter I told the ". I was stressed. "No plans to produce their own content for business media hub" together the.

Personally, I don't Samsung's device (Video game console? Set top box?) this will be the case. From my experience, people buy Apple products because they like the user interface, or the feel that they offer. I could easily build a PC that is 10 times more powerful than an iMac or Mac Pro, but people still buy these machines even though the alternative is out there. I don't think this will affect ATV sales much simply because people buy the ATV for its sleek user interface and simplicity, not because they want a supercomputer under their television.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
For much the same reason that I sold my Nexus 7 I'll be sticking with the Ecosystem that I've already invested in - despite it's shortcomings .. App Store for ATV, I'm looking at you.

Samsung's offerings are often half arsed at best, if they dont become big sellers support dries up quick and you're left with yet another worthless bit of electronics.

M

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Sounds interesting, but a spec sheet alone doesn't tell much. We'll need to see what kind of support it gets from Samsung & 3rd parties to see how it fares.

The box I'm most intrigued by is the Horizon box that UPC are starting to roll out in Europe (already in Netherlands, coming to Ireland in a couple of months). "In the demo", it has a really slick, fast UI, and offers streaming to iOS devices, and interestingly streaming from iOS devices (not sure how they accomplish this; is video playback via Airplay openly licensed?)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
interestingly streaming from iOS devices (not sure how they accomplish this; is video playback via Airplay openly licensed?)

Streaming, if iOS also runs their own client, can easily be implemented over any streaming protocol, even standard ones like UPnP, FTP etc.

Actually, there are quite a few UPnP servers (including several video players also having UPnP server functionality) for iOS allowing for playing back stuff in the app's own Documents sandbox in any UPnP client.

----------

Here's the original text of the page, courtesy of Google Chrome's translate feature

It's not hard to produce a media streamer that is much better than the ATV(3). With the only (local) streaming being Home Sharing but no FTP / NAS / UPnP / SMB etc., the ATV3, without jailbreaking, is really restricted. Hope Sammy does come up with something nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.