Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hauss316H

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
America's Wang!
I am currently ripping some tv show seasons and i would like to know if there is a way to get episode info and date the episode first ran like when you purchase them off of itunes. anyone have ideas? in short, i need a metaX for tv shows

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
Yeah, use Lostify. By the way, does anyone know if Lostify supports queues, like MetaX does? It's a pain to have to tag each file one at a time.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
Yeah, use Lostify. By the way, does anyone know if Lostify supports queues, like MetaX does? It's a pain to have to tag each file one at a time.

Unfortunately it doesn't. It's frustrating, but once you get a system going and have a fast drive with a big cache, it's not too bad.\

I think he may be adding a queue in a coming version

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
I am currently ripping some tv show seasons and i would like to know if there is a way to get episode info and date the episode first ran like when you purchase them off of itunes. anyone have ideas? in short, i need a metaX for tv shows

Surely MetaX is MetaX for tv shows? :confused:

hualon

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I use MetaX for TV shows but I haven't tried anything else. The trick is to make presets.

I'm working on every season of Voyager right now so I made a preset that has the cover art, title, genre, kind, etc. preloaded. After I apply the preset, I apply the season number and then I just go and type in the title, episode number, and description of each show. Takes about 10-15 minutes to type it in for each season. It's not a big deal.

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
I use MetaX for TV shows but I haven't tried anything else. The trick is to make presets.

I'm working on every season of Voyager right now so I made a preset that has the cover art, title, genre, kind, etc. preloaded. After I apply the preset, I apply the season number and then I just go and type in the title, episode number, and description of each show. Takes about 10-15 minutes to type it in for each season. It's not a big deal.
You type the description of each show. I assume there isn't a service that finds the description of the show based on the episode name/number?

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Lostify is a purely manual process, though, isn't it? It doesn't search databases like MetaX.

hualon

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
You type the description of each show. I assume there isn't a service that finds the description of the show based on the episode name/number?

I haven't found one yet. You can just copy and paste from an episode guide though. I find it faster to type because I'm a fast typist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.