Apple TV update before or at MWSF

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fartheststar, Sep 11, 2008.

1. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Do you think there will be an update for Apple TV before or at MWSF?

I am thinking of buying and I want to buy the latest and greatest before Lost resumes (I can hang on until then), but I'm going to cut cable because that's the only show I watch. I have other reasons (movies, music) for the Apple TV.

Thanks

2. cvb macrumors newbie

Yesterday

I went ahead and purchased yesterday. Figured any recent update would have happened on Tuesday...

CVB

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Apple TV seems like such a small piece of Apple's biz that it's not really worth a big venue like MWSF.

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

You mean like it was at the last two MWSF? :rolleyes:

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

So was the iMac G3 once. I mean like nobody is buying and hacking and generally having fun with them anymore. They're old hat.

6. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Let's see:

iMac G3 > iMac G4 > iMac CS/CD > iMac C2D/SR
    iPod G1 > iPod G2 > iPod G3 > iPod G4 > iPod G5
    Apple TV > ...

Oh, you're right. There's no chance that they'll update the Apple TV for MWSF...

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Please don't waste your money on AppleTV. It's so horrifically overpriced when compared to its features.

Instead, buy yourself a Sony PlayStation 3. You might not be into video games but believe me - this is the single best piece of home entertainment equipment on the market today. It's so flexible, especially if you live in the USA.

For $399 you get a machine which not only plays a huge library of great games but you can also network it with your PC or Mac and stream or copy your movies, music and pictures to it, just like AppleTV. It has its own store with SD and HD programming and the best part is that it can also play back DVD and Blu Ray discs.

You can add a new hard drive to it very easily and without invalidating the warranty.