Apple TV Visualizer?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by k12g3, Sep 18, 2011.

1. k12g3 macrumors member

One of the most glaring omissions to the ATV2 is the iTunes visualizer. I can't believe Apple didn't offer this feature from iTunes into their ATV. When having parities at my house and listening to music via ATV and my surround sound, I can't help but wish my TV was something interesting to look at instead of the track title and time, pretty damn boring!!! Let's hope Apple adds this feature to the next ATV update!!!

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I use photo slide shows if I even have the TV on. Usually, I have the TV off and control the ATV with my iPad using Apple's own Remote app.

BTW, I have a couple different groups of photos to choose from depending on who is coming over... Pics of the kids if family is coming over... my photography or pictures of great artists if it is more of an adult get together.

But like I said, I usually don't keep the TV on anymore with the ATV. I have two buttons programmed on my Harmony remote -- ATV no pic and AppleTV.

3. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I was surprised too, the display is a bit bland I think, when playing music. I guess the photo slideshow is ok, if you have good photos in there, but I don't use my ATV/Mac for photos.

Hopefully it's something that'll be added in future OS revisions.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

i have all of my DVD covers showing (floating) on the TV while the music playing (proud of my DVD collection) i use my Flicker account for this.

I guess i could do the same thing with CD/Album covers, but just like to show off my DVD's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/from_buick_8/

5. nazaar macrumors 6502a

nazaar

I guess this is a pipe dream.

You'd think a company with the 'Think Different' slogan would have thought of this by now.

6. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

not sure if it will work, but couldn't you mirror off a macbook or desktop to display visualizer?