Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k12g3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
One of the most glaring omissions to the ATV2 is the iTunes visualizer. I can't believe Apple didn't offer this feature from iTunes into their ATV. When having parities at my house and listening to music via ATV and my surround sound, I can't help but wish my TV was something interesting to look at instead of the track title and time, pretty damn boring!!! Let's hope Apple adds this feature to the next ATV update!!!

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I use photo slide shows if I even have the TV on. Usually, I have the TV off and control the ATV with my iPad using Apple's own Remote app.

BTW, I have a couple different groups of photos to choose from depending on who is coming over... Pics of the kids if family is coming over... my photography or pictures of great artists if it is more of an adult get together.

But like I said, I usually don't keep the TV on anymore with the ATV. I have two buttons programmed on my Harmony remote -- ATV no pic and AppleTV.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I was surprised too, the display is a bit bland I think, when playing music. I guess the photo slideshow is ok, if you have good photos in there, but I don't use my ATV/Mac for photos.

Hopefully it's something that'll be added in future OS revisions.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
I guess this is a pipe dream.

You'd think a company with the 'Think Different' slogan would have thought of this by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.