Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pudge1997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have a WD TV Live for my bed room to stream from my NAS, and am getting a Apple TV for my living room.

Would you keep the WD or exchange it for another Apple TV (I can).

My living room I can stream from my PS3. As far as I have been able to tell the only way to access my NAS with a Apple TV is to JB. I do not want to do that with something so new.

KevinC867

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Saratoga, CA
I would definitely keep the WD TV Live. I have one in addition to my ATV1 and ATV2. The WD TV is great because of it's ability to play just about any video format you throw at it. I keep a number of full resolution blu-ray rips. The WD TV does a great job playing these over my local network, and they look just as great as watching a blu-ray disc directly.

atandon

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I would definitely keep the WD TV Live. I have one in addition to my ATV1 and ATV2. The WD TV is great because of it's ability to play just about any video format you throw at it. I keep a number of full resolution blu-ray rips. The WD TV does a great job playing these over my local network, and they look just as great as watching a blu-ray disc directly.

Agreed. Though the UI is horribly slow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.