Apple TV will work in Colombia?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jota73, Apr 26, 2011.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

I tried searching the forum with no luck.

I would like to buy one, but I am not aware if I would be able to rent movies from itunes as I live in Colombia. Apple music store is not available as well.

If what I think is true, what else can I do with the Apple TV other than renting movies from iTiunes?

Will it be worth then?

2. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

I think you'll only be able to use it to rent TV shows and movies if you can get hold of iTunes Gift Cards in US dollars and create yourself a US account (I'm pretty sure you can use a made-up address).

I don't know if they use any location-detection to restrict where you can view/download the shows. If they do, you won't even be able to do that.

Apart from downloading/viewing shows, you'll still be able to use it to stream movies etc. from your computer (so long as they're in an compatible format, i.e. H.264 and loaded into iTunes) to your TV, and do photo slideshows from iMovie and play videos from iMovie. Take a look at the apple.com webpage (it doesn't show up at all as far as I can see on the apple.com.co site)