Apple TV with Sound System by Beats by Dre

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by saskateam, Jun 5, 2014.

1. saskateam macrumors newbie

What do you think.. Could we see an home theater/stereo in one? With Beats by Dre now part of Apple, it may be the way to enhance the TV experience.

2. mic j macrumors 68030

I supposed it would be a step up from a tv's built-in speakers...but just barely. ;)

3. Gozar macrumors regular

Gozar

Not that I think it will happen.....but, IMHO a well done soundbar with built in ATV would be a nice option for folks who want to upgrade from TV speakers but not go full surround running speaker wire all over. Also could play well into listening to higher resolution audio.

4. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

That would be great for someone who just want a bit of bang here and there.
    I doubt it will be cheap though, it's Apple, you know? And Beats just makes it worse. The combination of both will result on super duper, hyper-overpriced, under-performing audio system.

And personally, for the money I'd rather go with a full fledged AV receiver, power amp and separated speakers.

5. helicon1 macrumors newbie

Of course. Make Apple TV a giant iPad with no battery and only one cable (for power). Make set top boxes iOS compatible or use a wireless adapter.

Then "tune in to" the sound from any combination of multiple independent audio modules - iPhone with earbuds, iPad with beats headphones, or new beats headphones/speakers with built-in wireless connection, etc.