Apple TV with YpBpr HDTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jimothy12, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jimothy12 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I would like to purchase Apple TV but have some questions. I have a Yahmaha receiver that has HDMI and YpBpr Inputs. My Plasma HDTV does not have HDMI inputs. Do you guys know of the best way to convert the AppleTV's HDMI output to YpBpr? I live in the US.

Thanks

2. ysvsr1 macrumors newbie

apple tv

You can connect your tv/projector to Yamaha reciever as output and connect appletv/roku/blu ray player/other as input. using your yamaha remote, choose source which is appletv/roku/blu ray player/other and enjoy the content.

There will be plenty of information available online or at Yamaha documentation to help you to solve your problem.

3. jimothy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its my understanding that if on the Receiver I have a HDMI input, I must use the HDMI output in order to use that device. And with the TV not having an HDMI input, I cant use the HDMI Device (appletv)

4. ysvsr1 macrumors newbie

5. jimothy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. 2010mini macrumors 68040

7. jimothy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

agreed. however my Plasma is working great and looks perfect. WOuld like to keep it if possible. Thats why Im researching other options

8. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

You'll need a fairly expensive HDMI to Component converter. Many new receivers do the opposite (Component to HDMI for example), but I'm not aware of any that go from Digital to Analog (kind of goes against the entire industry's plans).

Something like this...
    http://www.amazon.com/Kanex-Pro-HDRGBRL-Component-Converter/dp/B00BW0XXZ6

Granted now you have spent as much for the converter as you probably will for the AppleTV....

9. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Move this one to a secondary location and get a new one to pair with the receiver and Apple TV.

10. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Also you could use optical audio from the AppleTV to the TV or receiver or TV to receiver.

11. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan...ft-right-audio-convertor-with-hdcp-12-support

I used this with my Samsung R74 tv. The HDMI interface on that doesn't support HDCP so the Apple TV mk3 won't sink up.

Just need to make sure that switch this on first before the AppleTV and is pretty cheap. No reason why this wouldn't work on the HDMI out of the receiver.

Simply HDMI into this and then component out into the TV.