Apple TV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AX338, Dec 16, 2015.

1. AX338 macrumors regular

AX338

I want to stream content from my iPhone6s to my Samsung TV.

I know we are now on the 4th generation of Apple TV box, I don't want to spend more than is necessary as this will only be for occasional use, will the st generation cheapest unit work as well as the latest?

Can I play all content including divx films normally played on my VLC app?....how about Youtube content etc?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Don't know about the new one but the last generation will mirror your screen or act as a second screen, whowever despite having great broadband (although not the greatest router) I find it a bit jerky when doing this. Playing direct on the Apple TV for things in your itunes library (MP4 format only) works brilliantly however smooth as butter.

However there are endless apps that will stream straight to a smart samsung TV without any intervention.

3. AX338, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

AX338 thread starter macrumors regular

AX338

But are there any for an iPhone?

OK Just found ArkMC seems to be working thanks.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I've used Skifta and Twonky beam both work well but i seem to remember Twonky beam allowed me to line up things and have a streaming playlist.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Just get a 3rd generation ATV if you just want Airplay from your phone. Pretty much anything that can be played on your phone can be sent to the ATV, doesn't matter what generation. (Certain apps that purposefully block Airplay excluded).